ARPC will host the second Terrorism Risk Insurance Seminar on Thursday, 05 October at Parliament House in Macquarie St, Sydney.
Terrorism is a persistent global threat with many impacts. Our second annual Seminar will focus on current and emerging terrorism threats as well as the implications for policymakers and the insurance/re-insurance industry. The Seminar will be opened by Ian Carson, ARPC Chair and chaired by Dr Christopher Wallace, ARPC CEO.
The event will begin with a light lunch at 12.30pm and end with networking drinks and canapés at 6pm-7pm.
To register, please visit EventBrite here and go to Tickets.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Ian Carson AM, ARPC Chair: Why are we here and what can delegates expect? The strategic direction for ARPC.
- Dr. Anthony Bergin, Senior Analyst, Australian Strategic Policy Institute: Homeland security and disaster resilience – from the Australian Government to local councils
- Anthony Bubalo, Deputy Director and Research Director, Lowy Institute for International Policy: The Future of Jihadist Terrorism
- Murray Ackman, Lead Researcher, Institute of Economics and Peace: Thwarted terror attacks and what policymakers and the insurance/reinsurance industry can learn from them
- Levi West, Director of Terrorism Studies, Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security, Charles Sturt University: Towards cyber-terrorism? The evolution of terrorist offensive cyber capabilities
- Michael Pennell PSM, ARPC Chief Underwriting Officer: A short update on ARPC’s Cyber Terrorism White Paper
- Trends in terrorism insurance/reinsurance
- Paul Allison, Vice Chairman, Guy Carpenter: Concluding Q&A and panel session with all speakers.
More information will be posted here in the coming weeks, including the Program and speaker biographies and photos.
ARPC reserves the right to vet registration requests.
We look forward to seeing you there.