Section 41 of the TI Act states that the Minister must prepare a report that reviews the need for this Act to continue in operation.
Reviews were conducted in 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, and 2018. Previous reports can also be accessed below:
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: 2018
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: 2015
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: 2012
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: 2009
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: 2006
- Terrorism Insurance Act Review: Exposure Drafts
Mixed use high rise building report
A key recommendation of the 2009 review was to explore the effects of extending the scheme to include mixed-use high-rise buildings that are not predominantly for commercial use. While not specifically mentioned in the 2012 terms of reference, many of the stakeholders contacted by the review raised the issue.
In response to the recommendation that this issue is re examined prior to the 2015 review, ARPC has provided the Government with briefings on the implications of this classification of buildings remaining uninsured against terrorism incidents.