Analyst, Catastrophe Risk
Level: ARPC 5-6
This role will support ARPC’s catastrophe modelling function through delivering specialist knowledge and analytics related to catastrophe risk and engage in thought leadership on related climate science topics (such as climate change, risk mitigation and cyclone risk).
Catastrophe Model Capability
- Prepare data for, design and deliver analysis to support internal catastrophe model development and the application of external vendor catastrophe models; covering both cyclone and terrorism.
- Assist the organisation in the understanding of catastrophe risks, sensitivity studies and relevant analytics.
- Support the enablement of real-time loss estimates of catastrophic events through catastrophe model design and implementation.
- Support the development of appropriate model governance and use of model frameworks.
- Develop relationships with external vendors and support the strategy for model selection.
- Implement, maintain, and continually enhance actuarial processes under the guidance of the Actuarial Manager and Head of Actuarial.
- Contribute to ARPC’s assessment of risk mitigation measures through research, collaboration, and assessment (quantification). This work will influence Pricing decisions and the sharing of data and insights with other Government agencies.
- Contribute to development activities on cyclone and climate change impact for use in modelling in partnership with Government agencies and universities.
- Contribute to ARPC’s thought leadership for cyclone risk through client engagement, forums, publications, and conferences.
- Undertake research projects to expand ARPC’s understanding of cyclone and terrorism risk; both for the purposes of enhancing our modelling and for broader purposes to help ARPC better meet its business objectives.
Support Other Actuarial Functions
- Work closely with the Data and Analytics actuarial function to enhance ARPC’s data assets related to geospatial or catastrophe model requirements.
- Support the upskilling and capabilities of geospatial analytics and visualisation across the actuarial function (and to other divisions as appropriate).
- Provide specialised knowledge and analytical support to internal ARPC functions such as finance, underwriting, claims, IT.
- Help to ensure sound Risk Management principles and systems are in place within actuarial practices.
- Proactively identify risks, implement mitigating actions and improvements and monitoring outcomes
- Provide support to other actuarial functions as required.
- Participate in ARPC Corporate projects as and when opportunities arise.
- Role model ARPC’s Values and Code of Conduct and capabilities set out in the ARPC’s Capability Framework
Contact: [email protected]